Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

WOW!

Had the 20 week u/s yesterday and everything was perfect. There's actually a baby in there despite all evidence to the contrary.

I think I may be feeling some movement finally. You know when you buy fish from a pet store and they put them in the plastic bag and the fish start poking at the bag, that's what it feels like. I haven't experienced the butterfly flutters that everyone talks about, I have the bag of fish pokes. I'll take what I can get.

The one remarkable thing from the u/s was that the baby's head is measuring nearly a week ahead of everything else. I told the tech yesterday while pointing to husband that the baby's head is so big because he is its father. My husband has a pretty large melon. It should make labor quite interesting.

I will have a repeat u/s at the next visit because the tech couldn't fully visualize the spine. I'm not upset about that though. So I'm officially half way through and am starting to believe that this thing might happen.

I think I've reached the point where I'm starting to feel like I can breath again. Thanks for everyone who's still here and reading. I know I am an awful blogger and don't post nearly as often as I should. It's that survivor's guilt thing. I wish you could all be here with me so we could commiserate together. I don't want anyone to be left behind.

14 Comments:

  • At 10/18/2005 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yaay, 20 weeks!

    20 weeks!

     
  • At 10/18/2005 5:05 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    Awesome, PJ! I'm so glad for you!

    My kicks feel like pokes, too. I never feel the butterfly flutters or the bubbles people talk about. It's just like someone poking me in the belly -- from the inside.

     
  • At 10/18/2005 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad everything looks fine. 20 weeks, quite a milestone!

    I never felt the butterflies either. I actually described the first movements I felt exactly like you did. A little fish in a plastic bag.

     
  • At 10/18/2005 7:25 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    NO GUILT. You having a baby takes nothing away from me and I'm THRILLED that 20 weeks have gone by and everything is going well. Is it hard for me to see other women getting what I want? Absolutely - but not so much if I feel like that baby will be cherished and cared for and grow up happy and healthy as I know yours will. I am mostly sad and angry at my own body and what it won't do and angry at the unfairness of the seemingingly effortless fertility of so many women who go on to neglect or abuse their children. I'm so glad you're getting the happy ending. Do we get a picture of little-miss/mister-half-way-there?

     
  • At 10/18/2005 7:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    PICTURE! PICTURE!

    How awesome that you're halfway there. Have you found out what sex it is?

     
  • At 10/18/2005 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations and yay for big melon head! I've felt the flutter once or twice and twinges, no fish pokes though.

     
  • At 10/19/2005 8:35 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said…

    I'm so happy for you and your little fishy :) Don't worry - I understand the survivor's guilt thing - just keep posting and don't worry about us. We'll just live vicariously through you :)

     
  • At 10/19/2005 5:56 PM, Blogger Dramalish said…

    Yes, the fishy thing. I think I've felt that too.

    Brilliant, brilliant on the 20 weeks thing... halfway mark is very cool. I totally commiserate on the survivor guilt- it's a weird thing to go through, but don't forget that everybody out here loves you to death, and we ALWAYS want to hear updates.

    And pictures.
    -D.

     
  • At 10/19/2005 6:14 PM, Blogger moi said…

    great news! my fishy's head is also a week larger than the rest. I came home and tried to measure my husband's head to blame it on him but since I am also a pumpkin-head we're doubly doomed.

    It just keeps getting better! so pleased for you!

     
  • At 10/20/2005 7:14 AM, Blogger Mere said…

    Congratulations! I too was wondering if you found out the gender.
    Good luck with that head!

     
  • At 10/20/2005 1:02 PM, Blogger April said…

    Congratulations on being half way there! How exciting!!

     
  • At 10/22/2005 3:59 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said…

    That's great PJ. So glad everything is going well. And great that you are starting to feel as if you can ...relax (eek the WORD). Thankyou for thinking about us. But you know we're really happy for you.

    xxx

     
  • At 10/23/2005 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's great news, PJ. I'm so pleased things are going well.

     
  • At 10/25/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger chris said…

    Wow. I can't believe you are 20 weeks. Congratulations.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home