Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hanging In

Hey gals, per the request of Dramalish I am posting.

Not much is going on for me. Still tired (all the time), occasional nausea, sore boobs, the bathroom has become my best friend (ie, I'm in there peeing all the time). Just silently hanging in there.

No bleeding, spotting, or cramping. My next appt. is scheduled for August 19. I will have the nuchal translucency screening done, really I'm just looking for any opportunity I can get to have an ultrasound. I'm not concerned, as I think my odds for genetic conditions are pretty low, but it would be nice to have some peace of mind. Have any of you ladies had it done? I know that the screening consists of bloodwork and the u/s, but I'm curious what to expect results wise.

Of course I have the constant fear running through my head that the baby has died and I have no idea. Reading blogs where this exact scenario has just occurred doesn't help my fragile state though. You take the good with the bad, right? I just have to try and remain sane until next Friday and we'll know for sure that the baby is still in there and doing well. Fingers crossed.

Hope all is well for you ladies. Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not reading. I read feverishly throughout the day.

9 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2005 4:20 PM, Blogger Foxxy One said…

    Glad to know you are ok and stop reading those blogs! Find something happy and frilly to fill your time please. :)

     
  • At 8/09/2005 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I suggest you rent a Doppler machine (babybeats.com, $25/month but worth it) so that you can listen to the heartbeat. Whenever you have any doubts, check the heartbeat and I promise you will feel better. It has been holding me over between sonograms.

    I wonder what "regular" pregnant women feel like? Do they all worry like us?

     
  • At 8/09/2005 6:10 PM, Blogger Crazy Me said…

    Congrats and good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts! You are in my prayers!

     
  • At 8/10/2005 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm scheduled for the NT on 8.24 and I am a bit nervous about it. Just remember that it rates you - it's not a factual test.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 8:35 AM, Blogger Larisa said…

    Good to see an update. I'm glad everything is going well thus far, and I hope it continues!

     
  • At 8/11/2005 6:13 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said…

    Glad to hear you are still reading! I am considering posting less but reading more!

     
  • At 8/11/2005 10:53 AM, Blogger P. said…

    Thanks for the update. I will be thinking about you on the 19th! I hope that all goes well.

     
  • At 8/13/2005 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will be thinking of you and wishing, praying and hoping all is well when you go for your Dr's appointment. I did not have the tests done so I wouldn't be of any help to you. I hope all goes well for you and that any results you get are good ones.
    Hugs from me.
    Lesley

     
  • At 8/15/2005 8:17 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said…

    Glad to read everything is going well PJ despite the fact that the bathroom has become your favourite room. Good luck with the NT screening.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home