Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

WTF?!?!

So, as you all know, my plan was to test this morning. Always the scientist, my hope was to get a negative today so that I could create a baseline value so that any positive result after today would be definitive. Of course that didn't happen. I tested this morning with first morning urine and got a faint positive. Before you ask, it wasn't an obsessive, crack open the cassette, squint and observe in southeastern light positive, it was just a plain faint positive. Even the Husband saw it.

So, I turn this over to you highly experienced and educated ladies that have had hCG shots before, what gives? Everywhere I read it says to wait the full 14 days, but I know better than that, that's just the CTA (cover their ass, a derivative of CYA-cover your ass--not to be confused with the Chicago Transit Authority) response. I am 11 days past trigger, 10 days past presumed ovulation. I can't find any real data on when it should be out of my system. Of course, I found info on how long it takes for the hCG that's measured in mIUs to leave your system but I can't find any info for the 250 mcg shot of Ovidrel that I took. It figures.

I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but I really wanted today's result to be negative so there was no ambiguity when I tested this weekend.

16 Comments:

  • At 6/22/2005 12:53 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said…

    I have absolutely, positively no bloody clue. That's helpful of me, I know. I'm sure some other learned types will be along to advise. There are some clever women about!

     
  • At 6/22/2005 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No idea either. But I hope it's a good sign . . .

     
  • At 6/22/2005 1:19 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    My gut feeling is that that's a real positive. I think the trigger shot should be out by now.

    I hope it is!

     
  • At 6/22/2005 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, that's a tough one. You know the only thing you can do, right? Keep testing, of course. I hope it's the real deal.

     
  • At 6/22/2005 1:39 PM, Blogger WonderMama said…

    I have no clue about the trigger shot, but I'm hoping SO hard that its brand new HCG, not left overs from the trigger shot!!

     
  • At 6/22/2005 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My trigger was out of my system by 7 (or 8) dpo. Hope it is a good sign!!

     
  • At 6/22/2005 4:08 PM, Blogger Dramalish said…

    I hope it's a "positive" sign.
    :)
    Let us know!
    -D.

     
  • At 6/22/2005 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know nothing about triggers or how long it takes for them to leave your system... I hope this is the real thing for you!

     
  • At 6/22/2005 8:14 PM, Blogger K said…

    I think hcg shots have a half life of 36-48 hours, give or take. So if it was 250, 2 days later 125, etc.

     
  • At 6/22/2005 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dr always told me the trigger shot could stay in the system for up to 12 days. But it never happened to me. Pretty sure it was a case of CHA.

    Really hoping this is YOUR hcg showing up!

     
  • At 6/22/2005 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know about the hcG shots but I'm wishing you luck that this is the real deal!

     
  • At 6/23/2005 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I reckon it's a positive. I am hoping and wishing for you... Good Luck and if the line gets stronger then you know it's for real..
    Fingers crossed.
    Hugs from Lesley

     
  • At 6/23/2005 11:18 AM, Blogger Chee Chee said…

    I hope it's a real positive!

    Good luck!

     
  • At 6/23/2005 4:14 PM, Blogger Foxxy One said…

    ~dancing around~ You're knocked up baby! HcG only sticks around for about 7 or 8 days according to my RE. I would trigger and then test every day till it faded to be sure I'd get a real positive (which never happened of course). I was always blank by the 8th day and this has been the case with all of the women I know!

    WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO Go get that Beta!

     
  • At 6/24/2005 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope it's for-realsies!

    Best of luck, especially in getting through the terrible wait of the weekend!

     
  • At 2/22/2007 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I'm in the same boat. 12 days past trigger. I keep getting a positive reading. I wake up sooo early because I can't sleep just to get up and check. My shot was 10,000iu's. I was told 12 to 14 days. I don't know if it's true or not. I'm testing tomorrow and then if it's positive (hope so!) I'm going in for that blood test.

    I hope it stays positive for BOTH of us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home