Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Friday, June 17, 2005

La, la, la, la, la...I can't hear you.

I hate when smug fertiles are so loud. I have an office and A. stopped by to talk to me and rant a bit about my boss (no worries, my boss is a complete tool and will hopefully be out of here soon enough). As A. was talking to me a woman, who I don't know, was walking in the doors to the floor and A. leaves here immediately to say to her "why didn't you tell me." When infertiles hear these words we always know exactly what they're talking about. Of course, this woman is pregnant and is 18 weeks along. She's not even showing, if I were to have seen her around I never would have known. After jumping around and doing their little fertile handshake they proceed to stand outside of my office and talk, loudly I might add, all about her pregnancy. A. is a mother and has an almost 2 y.o. daughter. A. goes on and on talking about maternity clothes and how sweatpants became her favorite thing and how motherhood is great.

A. knows about our difficulties and at times can be caring and compassionate. Obviously, yesterday and today were not one of those days. Oh yes, today's actions just magnifies yesterday's flippant statement of "why don't you just adopt?" There is nothing wrong with adoption, I am so very happy for all of our adopting members in the kingdom, but I'm not ready for adoption just yet. We've barely started to scratch the surface of ART and I'd like to give it every chance we've got for a biological child. I'm not at all saying this to upset or offend our adoptive parents, this is just where I'm at right now.

So after the actions of yesterday and today, I think A. may have to go on "the list." You know what I'm talking about, the one where you put idiots who give the stupidest assvice. Welcome to "the list" A., I hope you enjoy your stay.

On another note, I broke down and tested Wednesday night, mostly so I could see the double lines. I'm a sucker for them and missed them. I haven't seen them in almost a year. I also wanted to make sure that the hCG was still in my system, I know I'm insane. I'm currently 5 dpIUI and 6 days past trigger. I'll probably test again Tuesday-Wednesday to make sure the hCG made it out of my system. I will do my for real testing next Sunday (26th). So stay tuned until then. My nips are even more sore than they were a few days ago, just in case you were wondering :)

8 Comments:

  • At 6/17/2005 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talk about your nipples all you want, PJ. :)

    Sorry about the office ass.

     
  • At 6/17/2005 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh. Fertility at work. Nothing worse. A. so deserves to go on the list. She can stay on it too.

     
  • At 6/17/2005 4:00 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said…

    Fertile handshake, ha! Bitches...

     
  • At 6/18/2005 6:30 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said…

    List??? List?? Kick that bitch's ass to the curb!

    Understand that most infertiles who are adopting are doing so because they have exhausted their ART choices. While I didn't exhaust all (I could have done donor egg) I exhausted most.

    Glad to hear your nips hurt. Nips hurting is a good thing (unless it involves clothes pins - EEAAKK).

     
  • At 6/19/2005 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BOy do I suffer with those fertiles. Seems that every other woman at work is pregnant. And they've now started throwing regular baby showers. Which by the way are not an english thing so there's really no need. it's killing me

     
  • At 6/19/2005 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    People just don't think sometimes. I'm sorry that someone you trusted telling about your IF is acting that way.

     
  • At 6/20/2005 1:46 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said…

    I think people use the ability to procreate as a way to boost their non-existent sense of self. I hate those people who are clearly geeks or assholes and once they have a baby they have arrived. They are more wise that you. (I know a few of these!)

     
  • At 6/21/2005 6:56 PM, Blogger chris said…

    Damn smug fertiles. I'm sorry you had that happen, especially when you were stuck right there in your office.

    I'm right behind you. I peed on a stick today just to see those lines too--it's been a year also!

    Take care. Hope you get good news.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home