Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Insert Foot In Mouth!

Time to come and fess up.

At the appt today, there was one follicle that measured 18mm. So I got my trigger shot and will be inseminated tomorrow. I can't believe I'm here writing this. I thought for sure that this cycle would be a bust.

I feel like a pretty big tool for begging for sympathy yesterday only to have everything work out OK. So to everyone who commented yesterday a big, fat thanks to you. For all of those who were praying and thinking of me a big, fat thanks to you too. Whatever happened it worked. It's not the ideal that they look for (they like to see 2-3 follicles), but I'll take one over none any day. We at least have a chance this cycle. I'll take a small chance over no chance at all.

Thanks again for being wonderful and supportive. I promise I will try to not cry wolf anymore, but it becomes a defense mechanism after a while.

Hope all is well in the IF kingdom.

9 Comments:

  • At 6/11/2005 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All right! That follicle got its act together! Let's hope for some very accurate sperm tomorrow.

     
  • At 6/11/2005 10:02 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    Yay for the big follicle! Good luck!

     
  • At 6/11/2005 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you'll be able to go ahead with the IUI after all. Good luck!

     
  • At 6/11/2005 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, that's just great. Hoping that things work out, good luck!

     
  • At 6/12/2005 7:50 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hooray! I'm glad this cycle was redeemed for you.

    KimN

     
  • At 6/12/2005 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From Julie - Good News!

     
  • At 6/12/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said…

    It's great news, don't feel bad about the wolf biz-lordy when you consider the tricks that Hope has played in the past.

    Good luck and good egg!

     
  • At 6/13/2005 12:16 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said…

    I only ever had one follicle on Clomid or injectibles. I am so glad you have made it to IUI. Go follicle!

     
  • At 6/16/2005 12:56 PM, Blogger WonderMama said…

    Please don't feel bad. This IF is just one way too long, way too scary rollercoaster ride.
    I'm thrilled that your IUI went as scheduled and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home