Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Why does it have to be so hard.

So as you all know, today was my monitoring appt for my second cycle. It doesn't look good. So far, everything is the same as it was last time. I have one follicle and it's measuring 14mm. I go back in on Saturday to confirm what I already know, I'm out again this cycle. This really sucks. There is a possibility that things may work out after all but my hope for this cycle is at an all time low. I guess if this cycle is a bust again it'll be more provera and a bigger Clomid dosage. When does it get easier? Rhetorical question folks, I know for some of us it never does.

So I'm having a pity party, gifts are not necessary but comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

10 Comments:

  • At 6/09/2005 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shit. One follice? Get with it, PJ's ovaries!

    I'll bring chocolate. Dove chocolate.

     
  • At 6/09/2005 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry. You know, I have no freaking clue why this crap has to be so hard. No clue whatsoever.

     
  • At 6/09/2005 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Add me to the list - I'm so sorry. I just wish it didn't have to be this way for any of us. I'm hoping that your next visit brings much happier news.

     
  • At 6/09/2005 1:52 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    I'm so sorry. Clomid never worked very well for me, either. Hang in there. Can you talk to the doctor about trying something new next time?

     
  • At 6/09/2005 7:51 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Not to be a downer, but Clomid didn't work for me either. The good news is though, you always have other options (at least I think its good news). I didn't think 14mm was all that bad though?

    Hang in there! It does get easier eventually (or at least I'm told).

    KimN

     
  • At 6/09/2005 10:17 PM, Blogger Dramalish said…

    PJ,
    I'm bummed for you that Clomid's not working the way you want it to. You're not alone; it didn't get me a BFP either.
    Still, I think 14cm is not a total loss, and I will be hoping for you.

    I have no answers for why this has to be so damn hard. Let's ask the Magic 8 Ball.

    Good luck, girlie.
    -D.

     
  • At 6/10/2005 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No results from Clomid for me either and we tried many cycles at different doses (and I also have PCOS). Gonal-F injections were my miracle-worked on the second cycle and now I have twins. Talk to your dr about options :) Thinking of you and wishing you much luck and a BFP!

     
  • At 6/10/2005 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You cannot have a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.

     
  • At 6/10/2005 9:34 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said…

    I'm sorry sweetie. HUGS!

     
  • At 6/11/2005 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear of the disappointing month...I sucks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home