Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

You guys rock!

Thanks so much for the well wishes. To show you how much I appreciate them, I'm writing another post today, I know I know, hold the applause.

So doctor's office called and I have not ovulated. The great thing was that I didn't even have to ask for the provera or the bigger Clomid dosage they did it anyway. When I got back from lunch I had a message from the office saying what the plan was and that they needed the number to my pharmacy. This clinic is looking better all the time.

So I will start the provera today, if the scrip is ready.

Susie: My plan is to do the Clomid thing for 3 tries. This is time number 1 at 50mg, next I'll be doing 100mg. Can't wait to see what I'll be like on the higher dosage. If it's not working well after those three, I'll request injectables and do it that way for another 3 times.

I really want to keep IVF as a last resort because we only have 3 tries. I live in Illinois so I already know that I'm super lucky to have any IF coverage at all, but three times is it. I'd also like to have more than one kid. I'm so afraid to have tried everything and all my IVF chances to be used up and have nothing to show for it in the end but a bruised ass and floor cake.

So now we have another plan. Cheers for plans.

On a completely different note, I will be spending Thursday through Sunday in LA. My husband is going to E3 (for those not married to super geeks, it's an annual video game conference where they showcase all the latest systems, games, etc.). While he is at the conference, I'll need some things to occupy my time. I've never been to LA before. I don't tend towards the designer clothes offered on Rodeo drive, but will be touring there just to say I've been. Do any of you live in/near LA? Do any of you love any particular part of LA? What is a must see/do/eat while we're there?

Can't wait to hear what you recommend we do.

6 Comments:

  • At 5/17/2005 7:13 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    Yay for having a plan. And I agree, it's good to give a protocol three tries (unless it becomes blindingly obvious that it's not going to work for you) before going on to the more invasive/expensive treatments.

    Even going to injectibles was a big step for me, and one I never thought I'd have to take. But by the time we got to the point where it was necessary, I was very ready for it.

    Good luck!

    susie
    notahabit

     
  • At 5/18/2005 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PLAN = GOOD. I hope it works for you.

     
  • At 5/18/2005 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck and best wishes. I hope it works..

     
  • At 5/19/2005 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm also glad to hear that you have a good game plan. Good luck with your next cycle.

    By the way, I hope I don't sound snarky or anything (definitely not my intention), but I wanted to clarify that the Illinois Infertility Mandate actually requires your employer to cover up to four IVF cycles total. It also entitles you to another two IVF cycles if you manage to get a live baby within the initial four cycles. Check out this link if you want more info.(http://www.ivf1.com/extract/)

    Sorry again if I come off like a know-it-all or whatever. Take care.

     
  • At 5/23/2005 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean about last resorts...if one does everything else but the last resort then there is still hope. Once the last chance is taken then one is screwed.

     
  • At 5/26/2005 8:21 AM, Blogger Nanny said…

    Ugh...I just saw your Blog...if only I saw it a few days ago. I just moved from LA to FL and I'd know every place you need to visit. Tis a shame. People just dont know what to see when they are in LA, so they end up seeing the crap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home