Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

The cat is out of the bag...

and man does it feel good. If you'll all recall from this post my husband had no idea that I was blogging only that I was reading blogs. So yesterday, I was talking about you wonderful ladies and he brought said, out of no where, "Do you have a blog?" and because I wasn't prepared for him to ask the question I couldn't very well lie so I caved and told the truth. He poked fun at me a little but in the end he was super supportive and I'm so happy the secret is out.

He swore that he would never come find it. I know that he could if he wanted to because he is a computer genius. I asked him how he had the strength to not come and find it and I confessed to him that if he had a blog and I knew about it that I would feel compelled to read it. I know that's awful of me.

The one thing that he did ask was that I'd never replace him with you ladies. I told him I never would. He is my rock and confidant and friend and lover and ... the list goes on and on. But you ladies complement his strengths so well. So now I have two outlets for all this infertility stuff and it feels great.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted now that he knows about the blog. I hate not telling him everything.

Hope all is well in the Infertile Kingdom.

9 Comments:

  • At 4/30/2005 1:07 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    I think that this is wonderful; it's the same bargain my husband and I have. I write, he knows about it, and he doesn't read. I don't know how men can do this; if my husband had a blog, I would probably wear my fingers to the bone looking for it. Not so my husband, and that's something to be thankful for.

     
  • At 4/30/2005 1:09 PM, Anonymous thalia said…

    Me too. H has promised not to look for this, and doesn't seem bothered by that. When I asked him if he wanted to read it, he said "yes and no", and had good reasons for both.

    And I too would move heaven and earth to find H's blog. I guess we're just bad people, particularly when compared to our husbands!

     
  • At 4/30/2005 5:40 PM, Anonymous B said…

    When I first started my blog, I didn't tell my husband either because I didn't want him to find it and read it. Now, I am just short of encouraging him to read it. I find it therapeutic knowing he might have some insight on how I am feeling or why I am reacting a certian way. But, he still doesn't read it. Oh well. It's nice knowing I don't have to worry about it.

     
  • At 4/30/2005 11:14 PM, Anonymous Sue/holdingpattern said…

    Ditto here. Husband knows about blog. I have asked him not to read it and to my knowledge he hasn't.

     
  • At 5/01/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Ally said…

    My husband reads my blog every day. I encourage it. Sometimes there are things I can't tlak to him about but if he reads it, he understands without having to talk.
    He has started blogging too...and I think it gives us a great connection to each other.

     
  • At 5/02/2005 3:51 AM, Blogger Lesley said…

    My darling husband has known about my Blog from the start. I show him sometimes when I put up new photo's or master a new skill but other than that he knows why I have it. He often sits beside me on the bed while I write but does not read it unless I invite him to.
    Glad you feel better about it all and that you shared it with him. Blog On!!!!!!

     
  • At 1/17/2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    I honestly must say this is one of the most useful blogs I have ever come across. I am not just saying that to butter you up! I am doing my thesis paper for my master degrees and spent the last 12 hours (and 10 cups of coffee) researching this area topic. So many blogs have generic information but yours is different. I can actually apply some of this information to my works. No worries I will give you credit in my references. I took it upon myself to add you to my favorites and will visit back to let you know how my grade ends up. Many thanks!wedding favor mint.

     
  • At 1/28/2006 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ich habe eine harte Zeit amalfi coast wedding planners heraus darstellend.With Compliments, My amalfi coast wedding planners

     
  • At 7/12/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger sdRay said…

    My name is Ray and I just started a new blog about true confessions. Its a place where you can chat about true confessions confidentially. I hope you will come and check out www.MySecretConfessionSpace.com. Thanks for letting me post on your site.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home