Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I have arrived!

I am officially part of the blogging world. I've been trying for a week or so now to get my blog situated on Bloglines but it wasn't working. For whatever reason I couldn't publish the blog. So here I am. I've joined the Blogger family.

As you can see from the title, I am yet another infertility blog. I've been lurking on several infertility blogs for about 6 months now and I just love them and have become an addict. What better way to feed an addiction than by starting your own blog. Here are some excerpts from my first post about why I wanted to start a blog to begin with...

1.) I've been reading the blogs of other wonderful, infertile women and I thought, hey I could do this.

2.) The older I get, the more self-centered I become and I thought the perfect way to display my new found self-centeredness would be to create a place all about me.

3.) To keep a wonderful marriage. I am a pessimist by nature (I've noticed that's a trend among the blogs I read, I wonder if it's because we deal with infertility or because we're bloggers) and my husband is in the "just relax" group and as we all know, relaxing gets us no where. So I figure if I can be my true pessimistic self here then maybe I can save him from some of my pessimism drive-bys. We'll learn more about him as we go along.

4.) I need a hobby. I've never been one for hobbies or sports or anything like that. I know it's a waste of a brain but my hobby for the past 2 1/2 years has been trying to get myself knocked up. So I'm starting this blog just for me.


Can't really think of any other reasons right now. I'm a bit nervous and the more I type the more courage I work up to actually publish this. I'm now trying to think of a fitting, witty title. As you'll learn, I'm not a very snarky, witty gal but I want to be when I grow up.

I'm sure we'll learn all about each other as time goes on. Can't wait.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home