Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Sensitive nips anyone?

I'm trying really hard to be good and not obsess about every twinge and pull, but one thing is on my mind. Seeing as I've never gotten the hCG trigger before, I need to know if any of you experienced sore nips after having the shot?

I need to know if this is a side effect of the hCG or if it's something else. My rational brain tells me it's way too early to be indicative of anything, but my irrational side keeps telling me that the only other time I experienced the sensitive nips was when I was pregnant last year. Last year's sensitive nips also started right after ovulation before implantation would've even taken place. I'm like a junkie looking for a fix. Please talk me down and tell me that you all experienced the sensitive nips after the hCG injection too.

If this is any indication of how the next 11 days are going to be, knock me out now and wake me up the 26th. I swore to myself I wasn't going to obsess.

5 Comments:

  • At 6/15/2005 10:50 AM, Blogger Kiwi said…

    I have had all the pregnancy symptoms you can imagine after the hcg shots, including sore nipples. The first time really got me going, but after that, I knew not to listen to my body. BUT! I really wish those symptoms you are having are not from the hcg shot but from one little bean digging its way!

    Good luck for what's left of the 2ww! Not obsessing is so much easier said than done... I hope time flies by for you!

     
  • At 6/16/2005 1:10 AM, Blogger Dramalish said…

    PJ,
    Yes, I got sore nipples with each of my HCG trigger IUI's.
    Oh gawd, "each" of them. I'm beginning to sound like a veteran. I hate that.

    I hope yours are a symbol of better things to come. Good luck!

    -D.

     
  • At 6/16/2005 9:36 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said…

    It's the HcG - remember HcG IS the pregnancy hormone. This is kinda like a precursor to what you could feel like when you get pregnant.

     
  • At 6/16/2005 2:26 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said…

    Yep, it is the HCG. Been there, done that, not had a + yet!

     
  • At 6/17/2005 3:36 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said…

    I know what you mean about wanting to be knocked out while you are waiting.
    Thanks for posting on my blog. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home