Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Still here, still pregnant...

It has been way, way, way too long since I’ve updated last. Things at work have been extremely insane since I last posted. I finally feel like I can leave now. I guess that’s a good thing considering I’m almost THREE DAYS OVERDUE!!!!!

I guess I can’t complain too much. At this point it’s all a mental thing. I’m not too uncomfortable, still sleeping relatively well through the night, and still in relatively good spirits. I just want to meet this baby. I want to know what/who it looks like, I want to know if it is a boy or girl. I’m just so anxious. I know a very small percentage of ladies actually deliver on their due dates, I just thought I might get lucky and be in that very small percentage.

Even though I haven’t been posting much, I have been keeping up on my reading. I also haven’t been commenting nearly as much as I used to, but again that’s because there’s time to read and that’s about it. You ladies have a lot of interesting things going on.

This pregnancy has been wonderful. I haven’t had any of the typical discomforts of pregnancy. No swelling, no heartburn, no peeing a million times in the middle of the night, all in all very uncomplicated. It’s hard to write when there’s nothing wrong, that’s another reason my posts have been lacking.

At this point, I’ve been contracting mildly for the past 2 weeks, stronger lately though. At my last appointment I was 1-2 cm dilated and the doctor stripped my membranes. That experience was not as painful as I was expecting. Maybe that was just a sign that it wasn’t gonna work. We’ve been doing everything in the book to get this labor going; sex, orgasm, nipple stimulation, spicy foods, walking, doing housework, moving furniture, etc. Nothing has worked.

So here’s the plan for the overdone baby. I have my weekly doctor’s appointment on Friday (40w 5d). This won’t be the typical pee, weight, and bp visit. From what the doctor said last week, they’ll hook me up to the monitors, monitor the contractions and baby’s heart rate, and I get an ultrasound. I assume the ultrasound is to see how big baby is. At this point, I have no idea how big this kid is.

Now we just wait...


For all of you who sent me e-mails checking in on me, I truly, truly appreciate it. I really didn’t mean to leave you all hanging for the season finale. Hopefully I’ll have a story to share very soon.

11 Comments:

  • At 3/07/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger K said…

    I thought you fell off the face of the earth! Too bad you missed having little one on my birthday. I hope labor and delivery is as easy as the pg sounds! Good luck!

     
  • At 3/07/2006 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope he or she comes soon for you. And very glad you've had an uncomplicated pregnancy.

     
  • At 3/08/2006 1:27 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said…

    PJ so glad to read this. Well not the overdue bit but the other stuff. Hope it all goes well and you get to meet your little person very soon (if not already!)

     
  • At 3/08/2006 4:32 AM, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Good to hear from you, even if it wasn't the "news" we were expecting. It Will happen - of that part we know for sure. Good luck hun.

     
  • At 3/08/2006 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just this morning I was thinking, "Isn't PJ supposed to have a kid soon?" I'm so glad to read your update.

    SOON!

     
  • At 3/08/2006 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I don't think any of that crap works. Good luck Friday!

     
  • At 3/08/2006 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear from you! I wish you a labor and delivery as easy as your pregnancy was. Looking forward to reading the birth story of your little one!

    Good luck and enjoy!

     
  • At 3/09/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Dramalish said…

    Yay!! An update!!
    Boo!!! Being overdue!!!

    I've got 16 days left, and I really really really really hope she comes before then...

    But I've got nothin'. No contractions (that I'm noticing anyway), and no dialation as of last week. I'm beginning to wonder why I believed the Dr when she said that she thought I'd be "early."

    Sigh.

    I'm so glad your well and that your pregnancy has been so trouble-free. Although I must admit to being incredibly jealous. No heartburn? No constant peeing? No sausage feet? You blessed, blessed thing!

    Hope baby is here by the time you read this.
    -D.

     
  • At 3/11/2006 4:29 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said…

    Good to hear from you. Hope all goes well.

     
  • At 3/13/2006 4:28 AM, Blogger Oscar the Wonder Cat said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3/13/2006 4:29 AM, Blogger Bugsy said…

    watching, waiting, visiting frequently. Hopefully there is some news soon? Hope you are okay. Thinking of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home