Plain Jane has a what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm still alive, I promise.

I can't believe it's been more than a month since my last post. Time really has flown.

To catch you all up to date, I'm 30 weeks 3 days. I feel fabulous. Still wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes and no one I haven't explicitly told knows. It's kinda nice to have this as a secret still. I don't have to worry about the uninvited tummy rubs (which, for a big girl, make you wince) or the assvice about labor, child rearing, etc. I'm moving right along and couldn't be happier. I passed the 1-hour glucose test with flying colors (87). I may have to credit that to the metformin I'm still taking though. I'll take what I can get. Fish is moving around a ton and I still am amazed every time I feel it.

So, now to catch you all up on other goings-on.

1.) Furniture was delivered successfully on December 3rd. As I predicted, we worked our asses off the week before it was due to paint and finish the woodwork in the frontroom and bedroom. Needless to say, I don't think we went to bed before 2 am any of those nights, but still had to be up at 5:30 for work, UGH! I'm glad it is done, but it really makes me not look forward to doing this in the office and baby's room. I will post before and after pics some time soon, I hope. I love all of our furniture, but it's so much bigger in our house than it was in the showroom.
2.) Work is still coming in at an alarming pace and everytime I turn around something else is not right, needs to be done, or is falling apart. I have a bit of a reprieve this week because everyone is on vacation, that's why I even have time to write a blog entry.
3.) Christmas was wonderful. My family came over to celebrate on Christmas Eve and we went to Husband's family on Christmas day. This has been the standard division of the holiday since we started dating. I was a bit worried with the new frontroom furniture that something disastrous would happen, but everything was fine. No big damage. I ran out of time before Christmas and didn't even get a chance to put a tree or any of our decorations up, but it all turned out well. Santa brought me a beautiful watch and a scanner for the computer so I can start scanning our non-digital photos. Don't know when I'll get around to that, but at least I have the scanner now.

Next on the to-do list will be registering for baby stuff, reorganizing our house to make room for the baby's room, and preparing the baby's room and office. So much to do, so little time to do it in. My prediction for this time around is that I'll still be painting while I'm in labor. Nothing like a little procrastination to get the blood flowing.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home