Plain Jane has a family...now what?!?!?

After 3 years of infertility, now learning how to be a mom.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

So here's what I've decided...

but I need your help with your opinions on execution. K?

I've decided that I will go for a beta tomorrow. The part I haven't decided is should I pretend that I understood that I was to take a pregnancy test on Sunday and come in for the beta or should I say that I can't make it Monday because I have an all day meeting that I can't be late for? This would mean that I come back on Tuesday for another beta to make sure everything is doubling as it should be.

I'm leaning more towards the meeting idea, it sounds better than the obsessed infertile "forgot" that she was supposed to come in on Monday not Sunday. What do you ladies think?

I was going to post a pic of the tests, but I just couldn't get the light right so that I could photograph the double lines. I know you all are going to think I'm insane, but I made the Husband take the same lot number and brand of pregnancy tests that I took to make sure that the lot wasn't defective. Can you tell I was a bit paranoid about the positive. I know it's crazy, but you'll be happy to know that Husband is not pregnant. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Edited to add:
Of course this is all based on the assumption that tomorrow's test will be positive. We all know what happens when we assume...

4 Comments:

  • At 6/25/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger Dramalish said…

    You can hedge your bets, but I'm over the moon on this one, babe. Beg, borrow, and steal your way into that beta!!!
    Can't wait to see the numbers posted.
    -D.

     
  • At 6/25/2005 4:58 PM, Blogger K said…

    Definitely get the beta tomorrow. Poke someone in the eye if you have to!

     
  • At 6/25/2005 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tomorrow, of course. No question about it. Now, because I'm of the opinion that we desperately need to increase the population in Chi-town (and soon!) and get those positive betas flowing, what I'd suggest is that you be sorta wishy washy and vague and lead them to believe that because you maybe have a meeting all day on Monday that you've been really prepping for, that gee, maybe you were a little confused about coming in on Sunday or Monday but figured that it wouldn't make a diff in the big scheme of things and the most important thing was that you showed up.

    Sending HUGIFEROUS, sticky, positive vibes your way!!!

     
  • At 6/25/2005 6:30 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said…

    Well, regardless of whether it's Sunday or Monday, sincerest best wishes for good news!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home